Responsible serving of alcohol is vital for legal, health and community reasons. Our society is now less tolerant of the irresponsible use of alcohol that leads to drunkenness, drink driving and under age drinking. We are now far more aware of the serious social problems that are associated with such behaviour.
Asquith Bowling & Recreation Club has adopted the following House Policy that provides a framework for the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- In order to prevent underage drinking we will require legally recognised Proof of Age to be provided upon request.
- Persons who are intoxicated will be Refused Admission to our premises.
- We will display and refer to Intoxication Signs in order to support our responsible attitude towards and to meet the requirements of the legislation.
- Any patron on the premises who is considered to be intoxicated will be Refused Service and Asked to Leave the premises.
- We will Educate our staff and our patrons as part of our Duty of Care to ensure that they understand the implications and abide by our responsible service of alcohol policy.
- We will support and actively promote initiatives to Minimise Drink Driving in order to safeguard the wellbeing of our members and guests.
Asquith Bowling & Recreation Club will affect these strategies by:
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing the House Policy on an on-going basis
- Preventing under aged drinking by insisting on proof of age in the form of a driver’s licence, passport or “proof of age card” issued by the NSW RTA.
- Preventing intoxication by recognising the signs of intoxication and by refusing service to anyone to the point of intoxication. We will deny entry or service to anyone who is already intoxicated.
- Promoting the service of non-alcoholic beverages, low alcohol beer and food.
- Providing water free of charge and readily accessible
For and On Behalf Of the Board of Directors
Asquith Bowling & Recreation Club